Personal Data Protection Act 2010 Notice
Collection, Recording, Storage and Retention of Personal Information
- On this Website including on our interrelated platform.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by LPLA or any third party (even if there is an apparent or actual affiliation); and/or
- any third party (including any affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website and the interrelated platform.
- Information We Collect About You on our Website and How We Collect It
- Information You Provide to Third Parties on our Platform
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- How We Use Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Data Security
- Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
1. Information We Collect About You on our Website and How We Collect It
1.1 If you access our Website, including but not exclusively, our Interactive Services platform, we may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, details of your banking account or any other identifier including potential information about and/or from third parties, (note: this information may be collected online or offline) (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your location; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
1.2 We may collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us.
- automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- from third parties, for example, our business partners for audit verification purposes.
2. Information You Provide to Third Parties on our Platform
2.1 The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms using Interactive Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Interactive Services and/or posting information or material, or requesting further services. We or third-party vendor or affiliate on our Interactive Services platform may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us or a third-party vendor or affiliate, and when you report a problem with our Website or Interactive Services platform.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us regarding your inputs on the Interactive Services platform.
3. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
3.1 As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
3.2 The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- speed up your searches.
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
3.3 The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit LPLA, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
3.4 We currently do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
4.2 We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
5. How We Use Your Information
5.1 We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website including possibly our Interactive Services platform and its contents to you.
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it.
- to provide you with notices about your potential or actual account/subscription now or in the future, including expiration and renewal notices.
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- to allow you to participate in Interactive Services on our Website.
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- for any other purpose with your consent.
5.2 We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
6.1 We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and other information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of LPLA’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by LPLA about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you provide information regarding your application which you believe was not processed, we can then check into the status and/or the issue.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
6.3 We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LPLA, our customers or others.
7. Data Security
7.1 Most if not all of the information you provide is provided to third-party providers using the Interactive Services contained on our Website in a platform. As we are not collecting the data, we DO NOT implement measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
7.2 The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
7.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
8. Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
8.1 You can access, update and delete your personal information that has been provided to us, by managing this information through your online account.
8.3 We will retain your personal information for so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. Please contact us if you wish to deactivate or terminate your account. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
10. Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
LPLA and our business partners or affiliates reserve the right to disclose, transfer, or license any and all information related to the Website, including personal information:
- to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of one or more of the websites or any portion or operation related to part of one or more of the websites; or
- in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.